No matter who you are, you can change local fluoride policy.
In 2008, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that 72.4 percent of the U.S. population—nearly 200 million people—were using public water systems with fluoridated water. Since this report was published, the CDC’s Oral Health Division has been working non-stop, spending large amounts of taxpayer dollars promoting fluoridation throughout the United States, with the stated goal of having more than 75 percent of the population drinking fluoridated public water by 2011.
While an official estimate for the fluoridated population has not been reported since 2008, it’s likely that more than 200 million Americans are now drinking water purposely contaminated with this unnecessary and unhealthy toxin.
- Sign up for the Fluoride Action Network’s e-mail bulletins. You’ll receive breaking news, advocacy updates, and opportunities to help influence fluoride policy in your area and throughout North America.
- Read the latest fluoride news, and skim through FAN’s news archives. Use the scrolls at the top of the page to see news from specific countries or states.
- Friend FAN on Facebook, for daily news, research, and advocacy updates.
- Subscribe to FAN’s YouTube channel for regular video updates, and to watch the many fluoride videos that have been uploaded over the past several years.
- Follow FAN on Twitter for daily news, research, and advocacy updates.
Once you have learned the basics about fluoride, and have taken action to ensure you stay informed with the latest information, you are ready to take the second step, and become an advocate for fluoride-free water by working to educate others about the dangers of fluoride.
These Do NOT Remove Fluoride: Brita, Pur, and most other faucet and/or pitcher type filters.
(The ONLY way to remove fluoride is through Reverse Osmosis or Distillation)